When you have a website you need to drive traffic to your site. There are several techniques to use to obtain traffic. Here are some of the techniques used.
1. Search engines and directories are used by internet users to locate their desired information. When you submit your website with the search engines and directories you add the exposure your site needs to allow people to locate your website. The practice of adding your site to the locations providing your URL to their results generates traffic. You will need to make your website specific to the needs of the internet users with relevant keywords, Meta tags, and images to attract traffic based on their search requirements.
2. Publish your own e-zine with interesting facts and information about your website and business. You can include promotions, discounts, and surveys to entice the traffic to visit your site. Most e-zine articles allow the writers to include their URLs and links within the article. The added information allows the users to click on the links to be directed to the websites.
3. Publish articles on other websites with relevant products and services. Include a link to your site in your signature as well at the end of the article. Make the title catchy to make the readers want to click on your article. Add a hook in the article to really grab their attention.
4. Advertise in e-zines with banner advertisements directed at your target audience. Run the ads at least three times to get the traffic. To increase your exposure, advertise about seven times, so your audience sees your ads more. Add a tracking system to your ads, so you know the number of clicks, where the traffic was derived from when they clicked on your ad, and to see how the advertising is working or where you may need to modify the ad content.
5. Place ads on other websites. Research the sites relevant to your business and products. Contact the site about adding an ad to their site. They will generally allow you to place an ad especially if you offer link exchanging (your link on their site and their link on your site.)